The MacMurray College IT Department has a small pool of equipment that is available to be loaned out on a short-term basis. Equipment can be checked out to current MacMurray College faculty and staff who read, agree to, and electronically sign an Equipment Loan Borrower Agreement, complete an online Equipment Loan Form, and have a valid MacMurray College ID.
- Borrowed equipment must only be used for official MacMurray College business.
- Reservations for equipment must be made at least 48 hours in advance.
- The borrower is responsible for the equipment at all times while it
is checked out. The college department within which the borrower is
employed is financially responsible for:
- Full replacement cost of all equipment checked out to the borrower, if lost or stolen during the term of the loan.
- Full repair costs if the equipment is damaged, including from spills of food or drink.
- If the borrower is not able to authorize the budgetary responsibility of their department for the loaned equipment, the borrower must obtain the required authorization before accepting the loaned equipment.
- Equipment must be returned to a MacMurray IT staff member by the return date indicated on the Equipment Loan Form.
- Equipment that is not returned by the agreed upon return date will be subject to a late fee of no more than $5 per day past the due date.
- In the event that equipment loaned to a department or individual has not been returned by the agreed upon due date, no additional equipment will be loaned to said department or individual until the overdue equipment has been returned.
- Equipment is available on a first come first served basis.
- Equipment must never be left unattended or unsecured while checked out.
- Equipment must not be loaned to, or left in the care of, another individual while checked out.
- The borrower should not store files on the equipment. Once the equipment is returned, all files are deleted. The MacMurray College IT Department is not responsible for any files left on the equipment when it is returned.
- The MacMurray IT Department reserves the right to refuse a loan of equipment to anyone who has repeatedly abused loaned equipment.
This policy is subject to change at any time. Any changes to this policy will be posted to this page.
Portions of this policy and have been adapted from policies developed and published by the University of Maryland, Kansas University, and the University of West Florida.
This policy was last modified on November 11, 2016.